The biggest crashgrab ever continues [hired hands inside]

LaRocker

Hmmmmmmm....I recently got banned on MYGNR, but you know what?.........Axl/ NuGuns vs Slash/ AFD Guns threads like this make it seem like I never left.............. come on people we are better than this.... :yes:

Why did you get banned? I wondered where you were on the other board.

No idea mate no warning and no response to my request when I ask...I think it is a permaban as I cannot even view the forum or PM...oh well no big loss........

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=/I think a lot of this disorder could be solved if GN'R/Axl's band/whatever you want to call it released more music. If Axl had released 3, 4 albums by now, and they were well received, the whole name issue probably wouldn't even be that big of an issue. I think a lot of the people complaining today would be happy if Axl released something. I mean the CD tour has been going on 10 years now...Isn't it time that chapter be closed? I've always been an Axl supporter, but seeing this tour, which has relatively the same setlist as 02 and 06 (which I saw), and with a new album nowhere in sight...It's disheartening. I don't want to get into the legalisms of "Is this GN'R?" or "should he have kept the name?" or all those old and tired debates but:

1) This story is getting tiresome. Same setlist pretty much since 2006, it'll be 4 years next year with no new album or even a new single.

2) Axl got the GN'R name. But he hasn't used it, really. Not in any truly productive way.

I was once a diehard Axl fan, a nutswinger basically...But as time goes by and we get the same setlists, the same late starts, the Mickey Mouse voice, etc...It just wears you down. One thing that is a fact is that the old band at least consistently put out material from 1986-1994. Regardless of all other factors, new stuff--be it a single, a mini album, hell even a over album--emerged. And I think that forgave a lot of the other stuff.

It just makes me nostalgic for that brief period in history where GN'R functioned at least somewhat like a normal band does. I wouldn't want a reunion, all I want is new material. Or Axl to go solo if he's going to take another 10 years with another record. Sorry. Outside of a few good concerts, the state of affairs in GNRland has depressed me deeply since Rio because they're my favorite band.

Hmmmmmmm....I recently got banned on MYGNR, but you know what?.........Axl/ NuGuns vs Slash/ AFD Guns threads like this make it seem like I never left.............. come on people we are better than this.... :yes:

No idea mate no warning and no response to my request when I ask...I think it is a permaban as I cannot even view the forum or PM...oh well no big loss........

Thanks for replying. It's strange though I never remember any of your post being something that would get you banned. It's there loss!

Thanks for replying. It's strange though I never remember any of your post being something that would get you banned. It's there loss!

Think I pissed in Zints cornflakes and he is a sensitive lad..... :yes: .........

Think I pissed in Zints cornflakes and he is a sensitive lad..... :yes: .........

Lol, first time i was on Mygnr he threatened to ban me over me saying he was wrong about GN'R trivia stuff. He is not a sensitive lad.

He's just and idiot.

Yeah it's a kind of a cashgrab using the GN'R legacy like this. Admit it. Gonna have to stick with LA with this one.

All the former members earn money from the legacy, Steven with his band and his book, Slash with his book and his career, Duff with his book and by playing Gn'R songs with his band, etc etc. And there's nothing wrong in it.

All of them have the right to do so, since they were the ones who made GNR out of nothing. How dare you to make such comparison.

And Axl hasn't? When Axl is using the legacy to his gain by continuing with Guns N' Roses, touring the world, playing the classic songs, letting fans meet the new Guns N' Roses band members, then that is suddenly wrong? You can only explain such double standards by having a bias against Axl and the current incarnation of Guns N' Roses. In other words, you are a pathetic little troll.

waxy can't even sing anymore and he's using the name of a band that doesn't exist anymore.. so who are you to tell to true gnr fans that they are retarded ?? :smiley-monkey:

Guns N' Roses didn't cease to exist after Slash and Duff left just because you couldn't take the breakup like a man. You are like a possessed, scorned man who refuses to acknowledge that your girlfriend 20 years back have found a new man and is a lot happier now without you.

Some people are ok with paying top dollar to see a bunch of hired guns, covering GNR songs with Axl. That's fine.

Why shouldn't they? It's great entertainment value. And some prefer to go to a Loaded concert and hear Duff play GN'R songs with his mates, or listen to Myles sing Guns N' Roses songs with Slash playing in the background, or listen to Steven and his band play Guns N' Roses songs. There is nothing wrong with any of these. But if I were to chose between these gigs I would definitely chose Axl and his current version of Guns N' Roses.

Some of them though are stupid enough to actually believe they saw Guns N' Roses live :facepalm:

I find your insistence that a band is defined by its members and hence can't have changes in lineup without the name having to be altered, fascinating. It really offers glimpses into a confused mind.

If Axl, had hired any of those above bands as GNR, they would be GNR for those kind of fans.

If any of those guys found themselves playing regularly with Axl under the GUns N' Roses banner then yes, they would play in Guns N' Roses. That's how it works. I am happy to see that your brain is slowly getting to grips with how the world works.

Slash has all the right to use the GNR name for everything he wants, he made it.

Eh, no, he can't use the band name 'Guns N' Roses', it legally belongs to Axl. You seem to have an abysmal grasp on law.

I would also remark that Slash didn't in any way more create the band than what Axl or Izzy did. It's okay to be a fan of Slash, but please try to use your brain a little more.

Some people are ok with paying top dollar to see a bunch of hired guns, covering GNR songs with Axl. That's fine.

Why shouldn't they? It's great entertainment value. And some prefer to go to a Loaded concert and hear Duff play GN'R songs with his mates, or listen to Myles sing Guns N' Roses songs with Slash playing in the background, or listen to Steven and his band play Guns N' Roses songs. There is nothing wrong with any of these. But if I were to chose between these gigs I would definitely chose Axl and his current version of Guns N' Roses.

GNR concerts are more expensive than Steven's or Duff's etc to begin with. They also don't pretend to be Guns N' Roses. They just cover some songs. Their setlist is not complete with cover songs. I also said in my first post above, that it's fine with me. It's your money. I'd just rather spend it elsewhere

Some of them though are stupid enough to actually believe they saw Guns N' Roses live :facepalm:

I find your insistence that a band is defined by its members and hence can't have changes in lineup without the name having to be altered, fascinating. It really offers glimpses into a confused mind.

If you believe that the only changes were in the lineup, and anything else remained the same then... :facepalm:

If Axl, had hired any of those above bands as GNR, they would be GNR for those kind of fans.

If any of those guys found themselves playing regularly with Axl under the GUns N' Roses banner then yes, they would play in Guns N' Roses. That's how it works. I am happy to see that your brain is slowly getting to grips with how the world works.

I am glad to be proven right that any bunch of nameless players are Guns N' Roses to you, as long they are legally allowed to be called that way by Axl. Be sure that the world outside GNR forums thinks quite differently.

For LaRocker:

I think it's your own problem. You wanna pay a couple of hundred dollars of a meet& greet of this incarnation of GNR?

okay

You don't wanna pay a couple of hundred dollars of a meet& greet of this incarnation of GNR?

fine

It's your choice.

But why are you make this thread?

It's totally pointless. What can i say?

You constantly bashing, name-calling the people who does not agree with your opinion.

what can you expect????

The only thing can i agree with you is Axl doesn't show up for hanging with fans. This isn't very "fair", because people pay to see and "hang" out GNR, especially Axl!.

For the record. i don't like this "payed hang outs", it isn't a good thing because these people can shit, puke, and fuck like anybody else.

If they performing concerts or making music, they glad to be payed, but in this case i think isn't a big deal.

nbpyqu.jpg

you and your brazilian friend have been reported for spamming, lack of arguments sucks kinda sucks right? :bumblefoot:

Slash has all the right to use the GNR name for everything he wants, he made it.

Eh, no, he can't use the band name 'Guns N' Roses', it legally belongs to Axl. You seem to have an abysmal grasp on law.

I would also remark that Slash didn't in any way more create the band than what Axl or Izzy did. It's okay to be a fan of Slash, but please try to use your brain a little more.

Listen, both Slash and Axl have the right to play gnr songs, the only problem is that Slash is doing it in an independent way without impact on the GNR name because he is not playing under it. He can play with whoever he wants to like Fergie or even Justin Bieber because he is not representing Guns N Roses!

The problem is Axl never goes solo, he does everything under the gnr name, and till now he's been only doing shit by connecting the GNR brand with some of the biggest mercenaries in the music industry. But here as you can see these people like bumble or DJ are actually playing in Guns N Roses, not in Axl's solo band! This is a big problem because this guys are not gnr material and are only interested in milking the band name, as you can see in the examples I made in the first post.

Edited by LaRocker

Listen, both Slash and Axl have the right to play gnr songs, the only problem is that Slash is doing it in an independent way without impact on the GNR name because he is not playing under it.

Alright...Let's say there indeed IS an impact on the GNR name.

How do you evaluate it ?

Does it make the legend of the real band any less great ? Does it confuse you ? Do your memories of real GNR disappear because of Ashba acting stupid on that stage ?

Does the Mickey Mouse voice make the 1988 performances any less grand ?

The answer is obviously "no".

It just adds a line on the GnR Wikipedia page every once in a while because, essentially, other than NuGnR fans, nobody cares who is on that stage next to Axl as long as they enjoy the show.

Sorry but that's the truth.

I don't think it's so much a cashgrab for Axl as it is a "what's the minimum I can do and still maintain my lifestyle?"

If Axl wanted to, he could make a lot more money than he currently is. He pays fines every night so he can end shows in the wee hours of the morning, he had an enormous stage setup, etc. Etc.

For BBF etc., I don't think it's much if a cashgrab either, considering they ate just getting paid for 2009-10 now, and how they sit on their hands for years at a time.

More like a fame-grab for those guys.

Listen, both Slash and Axl have the right to play gnr songs, the only problem is that Slash is doing it in an independent way without impact on the GNR name because he is not playing under it.

nobody cares who is on that stage next to Axl as long as they enjoy the show.

Sorry but that's the truth.

You couldn't be more wrong...

A fame grab that goes both ways too because I can assure you that some of the hired guns have alienated some of their most hardcore fans by joing Guns n' Roses ( and I think at least half of the new "fans" are only interested in what they do within Guns n' Roses...I mean take a look at the Compulsions, they would be huge if people really cared for Fortus and Ferrer...same for Loaded and Adler's Appetite...people only care about what goes on under the Guns n' Roses name ).

Then how do you explain ticket sales ?

:shrugs2:

Sure, real GnR would sell out the entire tour, but NuGnR still has very respectable concert attendances considering who is in the band other than Axl...

Edited by BBB

A fame grab that goes both ways too because I can assure you that some of the hired guns have alienated some of their most hardcore fans by joing Guns n' Roses ( and I think at least half of the new "fans" are only interested in what they do within Guns n' Roses...I mean take a look at the Compulsions, they would be huge if people really cared for Fortus and Ferrer...same for Loaded and Adler's Appetite...people only care about what goes on under the Guns n' Roses name ).

Then how do you explain ticket sales ?

:shrugs2:

Sure, real GnR would sell out the entire tour, but NuGnR still has very respectable concert attendances considering who is in the band other than Axl...

Name use, besides might be the last chance to see Axl in a live concert, simple as that.

Edited by LaRocker