The biggest crashgrab ever continues [hired hands inside]

LaRocker

Alright, so today I took a little time to check out the new gnr website(for those who dont know here it is(http://www.gunsnroses.com).

So in the index page I don't see a band logo or even a group picture, im immediately presented with a giant banner stating "GNR exclusive VIP packages now available", so I thought "oh wow how can Axl talk about Slash being a money whore and then selling out like this? But nevermind he's still a childhood hero to me, maybe i'll make an effort and spend a hundred or more dollars to be able to meet him.

But then I realised, let me take a look at the LA's gig pictures and see what truly happenned. Without any surprise mr.Rose is not in any of those pictures, he's probably on his private room taking band managing advice from the housekeeper because he is not a sellout like Slash. But then again... who gets those 100's of dollars in end? :rolleyes:

Well anyway the "party pass" says im gonna meet and hangout with Guns N' Roses how rock n' roll is that?? Im gonna party with Guns N' Roses backstage for only a hundred dollars, but wait who are GNR anyway? Let's see:

large.8zz5bda7636g.jpg

Now who the fuck are those guys? I mean... are these guys Guns N' Roses? But yeah for some cash you can "hangout" with them how cool is that? (btw besisdes bumblefoot that blonde guy in the middle looks like a total douchebag).

So far to me this looks like exploitation of GNR legacy to it's finest, I bet bumblefoot sugested this thing so that he can cash in some more and whore out his name some more :rolleyes:

2ag7p6v.jpg

Edited by LaRocker

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If playing three hour shows to great reviews is a cash grab then it suits me quite frankly! :rolleyes:

This. It even says "selected member of Guns N' Roses." Don't like it, don't buy it. You're like those idiots who complain about being "offended" by something. So what? Nothing happens. It's not like if you're offended you'll wake up without a leg the next day.

You choose not to buy it, it's not a big deal. It's Christmas, lighten up.

If playing three hour shows to great reviews is a cash grab then it suits me quite frankly! :rolleyes:

This. It even says "selected member of Guns N' Roses." Don't like it, don't buy it. You're like those idiots who complain about being "offended" by something. So what? Nothing happens. It's not like if you're offended you'll wake up without a leg the next day.

You choose not to buy it, it's not a big deal. It's Christmas, lighten up.

Why exacly am I being called an idiot? Because I don't like the way your favourite band members are making cash at the expensive of a legacy they're are not minimaly linked with?

If you don't have anything productive to say just shut up, the only one being an idiot here is you.

Because I don't like the way your favourite band members are making cash at the expensive of a legacy they're are not minimaly linked with?

How exactly does meet & greets damage the legacy of an old lineup of Guns N' Roses? I really can't understand that.

If I were to think of something that actually could damage the old legacy would be if some of those old members made horrendous version of those classic songs together with mediocre rap and rnb artists in a blatant attempt at getting some easy money concealed as "branching out".

Yeah it's a kind of a cashgrab using the GN'R legacy like this. Admit it. Gonna have to stick with LA with this one.

All the former members earn money from the legacy, Steven with his band and his book, Slash with his book and his career, Duff with his book and by playing Gn'R songs with his band, etc etc. And there's nothing wrong in it.

Two things strike me about this thead.

#1 - Yes, I agree. Lame the far and away most in dmenad of the band ducks this stuff, especially when his fans are paying top dollar.

#2 - But who is surprised? Don't you buy this even though you can pretty much figure there is no Axl? Don't you make your peace without before you put your money down.

Yeah it's a kind of a cashgrab using the GN'R legacy like this. Admit it. Gonna have to stick with LA with this one.

All the former members earn money from the legacy, Steven with his band and his book, Slash with his book and his career, Duff with his book and by playing Gn'R songs with his band, etc etc. And there's nothing wrong in it.

All of them have the right to do so, since they were the ones who made GNR out of nothing. How dare you to make such comparison.

larocker is the new breed of stupid

http://www.gunsnfnroses.com/index.php?/topic/6786-axl-vs-ron/

What else can I say....

Edited by LaRocker

Alright, so I today I took a little time to check out the new gnr website(for those who dont know here it is(http://www.gunsnroses.com).

So in the index page I don't see a band logo or even a group picture, im immediately presented with a giant banner stating "GNR exclusive VIP packages now available", so I thought "oh wow how can Axl talk about Slash being a money whore and then selling out like this? But nevermind he's still a childhood hero to me, maybe i'll make an effort and spend a hundred or more dollars to be able to meet him.

But then I realised, let me take a look at the LA's gig pictures and see what truly happenned. Without any surprise mr.Rose is not in any of those pictures, he's probably on his private room taking band managing advice from the housekeeper because he is not a sellout like Slash. But then again... who gets those 100's of dollars in end? :rolleyes:

Well anyway the "party pass" says im gonna meet and hangout with Guns N' Roses how rock n' roll is that?? Im gonna party with Guns N' Roses backstage for only a hundred dollars, but wait who are GNR anyway? Let's see:

large.8zz5bda7636g.jpg

Now who the fuck are those guys? I mean... are these guys Guns N' Roses? But yeah for some cash you can "hangout" with them how cool is that? (btw besisdes bumblefoot that blonde guy in the middle looks like a total douchebag).

So far to me this looks like exploitation of GNR legacy to it's finest, I bet bumblefoot sugested this thing so that he can cash in some more and whore out his name some more :rolleyes:

2ag7p6v.jpg

Ok.

Butthurt.

Slash fans used to be fairly intelligent, now all but two of them are just retarded.

look who's talking... are you the same "jake" who posted at gunsnrosesfans.com ? loldn.gif

waxl's fans are almost as paranoid as their little idol.. they see slash's fans everywhere..

look.. waxy can't even sing anymore and he's using the name of a band that doesn't exist anymore.. so who are you to tell to true gnr fans that they are retarded ?? :smiley-monkey:

Edited by Coltrane

these guys in the pic, are Guns N' Roses as much as these guys

RandomBandPoster.JPG

or these

pic05.jpg

or these

Random+Band+1009+003.jpg

Some people are ok with paying top dollar to see a bunch of hired guns, covering GNR songs with Axl. That's fine. Some of them though are stupid enough to actually believe they saw Guns N' Roses live :facepalm:

If Axl, had hired any of those above bands as GNR, they would be GNR for those kind of fans.

I don't think most NuGnR fans are complete idiots.

It's been Axl + whoever he thinks is good enough for the job.

Kinda like Slash + his own hired guns.

Or kinda like Gilby and Matt when they joined.

Difference with the bands you posted though : most people in Guns n' Roses are actually really talented, put a great show, and have a resume.

these guys in the pic, are Guns N' Roses as much as these guys

RandomBandPoster.JPG

or these

pic05.jpg

or these

Random+Band+1009+003.jpg

Some people are ok with paying top dollar to see a bunch of hired guns, covering GNR songs with Axl. That's fine. Some of them though are stupid enough to actually believe they saw Guns N' Roses live :facepalm:

If Axl, had hired any of those above bands as GNR, they would be GNR for those kind of fans.

And we would have idiots like Broski claiming that the guitarists in these pictures were the best guitarists and singers in the world too. :facepalm: